Happy New Year!
The T90 Office hopes everyone had a good Christmas and New Year!
We are kicking off the year with some very exciting events so keep reading to see important dates.
Enrolments for the following modules are open and happening so make sure you get signed up.
- Pregnancy Scanning
- Managing Maternal Condition Score
- Lambing Preparation
To join a Team:
- Speak to your local Trainer through the Find a Trainer area of the T90 Website; or
- Contact the T90 office and we can help you find a group (03) 5571 9001
To join an Exchange:
T90 Trainer Feature: Frankie Collett
Frankie Collett graduated from Adelaide University in 2017 and has been working as a mixed practice Veterinarian since. Frankie joined the Rochester Veterinary Team in 2021 and has a special interest in flock health and management.
Frankie has the skills to train all the T90 Exchange Modules, so give her a call if you are interested in being a part of the T90 Program in Northern Victoria around the Rochester area.
Area Serviced: 300kms around Rochester (VIC, 3561)
Ph: 0450 066 506
Module Feature - Pregnancy Scanning
Demo Farm Feature: Tintara
“Tintara” located in the Boyup Brook Shire of Western Australia is home to Ben, Esther and Theo Creek, parents Richard and Caroline Creek as well as staff, Mike Jones.
They run a mixed enterprise business comprising of 1800ha which runs 60% sheep and 40% cropping.
The sheep enterprise runs 7000 merino ewes with 25% mated to Merino rams using Todd Mullan’s Qualierup West Merinos and 75% to Suffolk or PD cross for prime lambs.
Ben explains, “We try to run a consistent stocking rate and use things like confinement feeding, pasture manipulation, pasture rejuvenation and genetics to assist us. Marketing is assisted with our good friend and stock agent Matt Lowe from Westcoast wool and livestock.”
The cropping program consists of a certain yearly percentage of pasture reseeding, incorporating forage cereals, clover, rye grasses and Raphno. Whilst their cash and feed crops are canola, barley, lupins, oats and a small portion of hay.
Ben says, “I’m looking forward to being a part of T90 to help grow our knowledge and to assist in taking our sheep enterprise to the next level.”
James Macfarlane (AgricUltra) is the trainer for the T90 Exchanges being held at ‘Tintara’. If you would like to join one of these T90 Exchanges call James on 0447 999 902.
Interested in becoming a demonstration farm? Either give your consultant a call or speak with us at the T90 Office on (03) 5571 9001.
Upcoming T90 Events
Put these in your calendar:
- Wednesday the 1st of February at 6pm – “T90 Industry Webinar” Pregnancy Scanning
- A panel of speakers chaired by Andrew Kennedy will discuss the importance of pregnancy scanning. This webinar is open to the public.
- Register Here
- Wednesday the 8th of February at 6pm – “T90 Industry Webinar” Managing Maternal Condition Score
- A panel of speakers chaired by Andrew Kennedy will discuss the advantaged of managing condition score throughout pregnancy and lactation. This webinar is open to the public.
- Register Here
- Wednesday the 15th of February at 6pm – “T90 Industry Webinar” Lambing Preparation
- A panel of speakers chaired by Andrew Kennedy will discuss the importance of preparing for lambing in your business. This webinar is open to the public.
- Register Here
- Friday the 10th of March – Victorian T90 Field Day
- The Victorian T90 Field Day now has a date! With more information to come be sure to put it in your calendar.